8th Grade End of Year Party
An Evening in Paris
Saturday, May 6th: 7:30-10:00 p.m.
Festivities: Each year the 8th grade parents plan an end of the year celebration for the entire 8th grade. Many students are already talking about the event, and all of them look forward to this party. This event is free to all students, and we hope that every student will attend. It is a wonderful opportunity to dress up, have fun, and celebrate the end of middle school. Typically, girls wear semi-formal dresses and boys wear dress slacks, button downs with ties and sometimes, sport coats.
Funding: The LMSPA generously donated $750 towards the party. Based on previous years, the party itself costs over $6,000. Therefore, the committee is tasked with raising additional funds. There are over 300 students in this class, and we hope to provide them with a party that includes a DJ, music, dancing, snacks, a photo booth, and many other fun activities and entertainment. The committee is asking you to make a donation at this time. Our hope is that everyone who is able will donate $15-$25. We are grateful for donations in any amount. Donating now allows us to secure entertainment and food services.
Ways to donate:
- Use Schoolbucks Account: Once on www.myschoolbucks.com you can either choose to pay as a guest or you can login to your account, if you have one. If you login to your account, you will need to change the school district designation in the upper right hand corner to: Parent Association-Ladue Middle School. Next, click on browse all items. Then select 8th Grade Formal Contribution.
- Write a Check: Checks should be made payable to LMSPA (please indicate 8th grade formal and your child’s name in the memo) and send to the LMS office in an envelope labeled “8th grade formal.” Collection locations will also be made available at Parent Teacher Conferences and Parents to Lunch.
- Purchase Raffle Tickets: We will be raffling off a set of 4 front row tickets per team for the 8th grade farewell assembly. One parking space per team for the same event will also be raffled. Each raffle ticket is $1, and you may enter as often as you like. Checks can be made out to LMSPA with “raffle” in the memo, indicating your child’s name, team and phone number and be left in the LMS office in an envelope at the LMS office in an envelope labeled “8th grade formal.” There will be an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets at Parent Teacher Conferences and Parents to Lunch.
- Become a Sponsor: Would you like to just cover a part of the night? Perhaps t-shirts for the kids, casino games or a food item. We would love for you to do so!
- Make a Connection: Do you know of someone who might be willing to donate their time, a service or a discount to our party? Please let us know!
- Volunteer Your Time: From decorations to publicity to chaperones and everything in between...we need volunteers! Please watch for email blasts to sign up to volunteer or reach out to us directly. Our email addresses are at the bottom of this letter.